Success Story – Kawasumi Laboratories America
Kawasumi Laboratories America, Inc. (KLA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kawasumi Laboratories, Inc.(KL), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, KL have been providing high quality, cost-effective, medical supplies worldwide since 1957. Kawasumi started with one manufacturing plant that was constructed in 1964 in Ohita, Japan, today, over 10 plants are in production.
Kawasumi Laboratories America, Inc. (KLA) was established in 1991 as a subsidiary to market and distribute products for North and South America. The company offers disposable medical devices in these specialties: Infusion, Oncology, Blood Drawing, Blood Bank, Hemodialysis.
- Initial CRM implementation did not provide detailed insight into GPO, ISDN, and client purchasing relationships (a 360 degree view)
- Information regarding recognized revenue and rebates were not available in Salesforce due to lack of integration with ERP solution
- End-user adoption was modeled to multiple sales processes (inside vs. external “contracted” sales representatives)
- Sales team insufficiently trained in Salesforce due to geographical challenges and time availability
- Design separate business processes and pipeline management reporting for both internal and external sales organizations
- Integrate Salesforce with on-premise Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP Solution for real-time sales and order entry and visualization
- Record type separation for GPO, ISDN, and client accounts with custom contract rebate tracking solution constructed entirely on Salesforce platform.
- Customized eTraining channel designed specifically for organization and accessible directly through Salesforce interface
- Complete visualization into distributor, GPO, and client purchasing and rebate status
- Streamlined integration with ERP for enhanced “full sales cycle” reporting
- Ability to track detailed analysis on client/distributor rebates to ensure cost and tracking accuracy by eliminated duplicate submissions
- Drastic improvement in data and process quality due to manageable training delivery solutions designed for the sales user.